10 questions to ask before you starting building
More and more homeowners are looking for ways they can bring the outside in, to create the perfect retreat for their family. An outdoor entertaining area can bring life and energy into your home. It’s a place to cook, entertain, relax and have fun.
If you’re thinking of having an outdoor entertaining area built at your place there are a few things you need to consider.
There is no point building anything without a plan and if your entertaining area requires council approval, you must have one. A building designer or draftsperson may be able to draw a design fairly quickly however keep in mind that council approval can take six to eight weeks. Once approved, you can start building.
When you’re choosing a design there are some questions you’ll need to answer to ensure that it’s the right design for you.
- 1. How many people will be using the area?
- 2. How big is your outdoor space?
- 3. What do you want to include?
- 4. What budget do you have to work with?
- 5. What design elements are a must have?
- 6. What kind of privacy do you require?
- 7. How often will you use the area?
- 8. What aspect does the area have? (For example if your new space faces west you will need more shading)
- 9. What type of atmosphere are you hoping to achieve?
- 10. Will the outdoor entertaining area complement the style of your home?
Today many homeowners are incorporating outdoor kitchens into their design, which is stylish and functional. Keep in mind these are generally custom-made so allow time for the units to be built to your specifications.
Are you planning on building a new entertaining space at your home?
- 0 comments