Renovating your kitchen on a budget
The kitchen is usually at the top of the list when you start renovating. However it can be one of the most expensive rooms to renovate. If you’re on a budget, there are lots of simple things you can do to refresh and renovate the space.
Here are our top six tips for renovating your kitchen on a budget.
- You don’t need to replace everything in the kitchen for it to appear new and fresh. You can use the current cupboards and drawers and replace the bench tops, cupboard fronts and handles. If you like the cupboard doors, then try painting them in a different colour. This will instantly transform your kitchen for minimal cost.
- If your kitchen is small, consider using bench-level windows. These will instantly make your small kitchen feel much larger.
- For windowless walls, try to use as much vertical storage as possible and remember to keep it ‘light and bright’ when you’re renovating.
- Choosing the right colours can have a big impact. Gloss finishes on benches and cabinets are ideal because of their reflective properties and give the illusion of light and space.
- If you have polished timber floors include a brushed aluminum kickboard for a floating effect. This will also make the space feel a lot bigger.
- Choose your kitchen appliances before you start designing your space because you may find that the new design doesn’t work. Design around your appliances so the style you decide to go with is carried throughout.
- Buying new appliances or décor for your kitchen can also lift the space.
You don’t have to spend a lot of money to give your kitchen a fresh new look and to make it a really inviting space that your family will love.
- 0 comments